אייוועלט: אינהאלטסרייכע אינטערוויא מיטן עקספערט רונן הלוי!

די אחראים: זייער נייגעריג,אחראי,thefact

3x0
המכונה 'טריאו'
תגובות: 9152
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: מיטוואך יוני 28, 2006 11:29 am
לאקאציע: חבוי

• ציטיר
  • צו לייגן א דאנק דארפט איר זיין אריינגעלאגט

תגובה דורך 3x0 »

א גרויסן שכוח פאר אלע וואס האבן געהאט א חלק אין די אינהאלטסרייכע אינטערוויא.
אוועטאר
צייטליך
מ. ראש הקהל
תגובות: 12505
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: מיטוואך נאוועמבער 01, 2006 6:13 pm
לאקאציע: ערגעץ דא אין די געגענט.

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך צייטליך »

א ריזיגען יישר כח פאר די ארגענעזירער פון די אינטערוויו "די פאקט" און "פארדינט" און אלע וואס האבן אנטייל גענומען און בעיקר רונן הלוי פערזענליך פארן אוועקגעבן זיין טייערע צייט פאר אונזערע ליינער! איך האב גראדע געפלאנט אריינצושיקן עטליכע קשיות אבער נישט אנגעקומען דערצו, כ'האב אבער הנאה אז אלעס איז מיר פארענטפערט געווארן דורכאויס די שאלות ותשיבות.

איין זאך זעה איך אז מיינע גרעסטע פראבלעמען מיט בלעקבערי ווערט מיט בב10 סאלווירט. לאמיר האפן!
איך בין צייטליך און איך האב עפראווד די תגובה.
אוועטאר
thefact
שר האלפיים
תגובות: 2511
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: מיטוואך יאנואר 31, 2007 3:30 pm
לאקאציע: וויליאמסבורג, ברוקלין
פארבינד זיך:

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך thefact »

ענגלישע ווערסיע

קאוד: וועל אויס אלע

We have the great honor and opportunity present you the iVelt Readers an awesome content rich interview about the new BB10 with the blackberry expert Ronen Halevy!!! Of http://www.berryreview.com 

We are sure you will enjoy it and that everyone will learn something new.

Shalom Ronen Halevy.

First of all we want to thank you In the name of the iVelt Community in the name of the administrator’s, moderator’s, writer’s, members and readers for giving time from your busy schedule to answer our questions.

Questions asked by The Fact:

To add some Sprinkles and make the interview a little more lively, I would like to ask u -if I may- some non-BlackBerry Questions.

1)   I heard that you had the opportunity to visit Poland for the Yahrzeit of the Rebbe, Reb Elimelech of Lizhensk, Would u be able to give us in short words Ur thoughts and feelings about Ur recent trip to Poland? (A Photo of you over there would be great!!!) Poland was a very educational trip but not an easy one. What really hit home was when I read that the Nazi's essentially created the biggest Jewish cemetery in the world.

a.   My wife's family is from Poland and is actually a descendant of Reb Elimelech. We stopped by Lizhensk and you can see a few photos from there attached. We then visited the hometowns of some of my wife's grandparents and it was just sad to see cities that used to be 30-75% Jewish do not have a single jew remaining. At my wife's grandfathers town the Jewish cemetery was paved over by the Nazi's and is now a city park. We went to Yeshiva Chachmei Lublin where my wife's grandfather studied and while it is nicely renovated there was not another Jew in sight. Even Warsaw, Poland's biggest city, only has ~600 Jews and many of those are not even Halachicly Jewish. From 3.5 million Jews in Poland less than a handful remain

2)   We are all into 2013 where technology is a huge part of our daily life. But u as a pro and as geek with technology around 24 hours how is it for you to pass Shabbas and be 24 hour without technology. We all have this challenge but i would love to hear your point of view on this?

a.   I think this is a brilliant question and one that I have actually come to advocate for. There are quite a few other writers on the BerryReview team and they are impressed that no matter what it is I do not touch technology at all for at least one day every week. Some of them have expressed that they wish they had such an opportunity to unplug and really focus on the things that are important in life. It’s humbling and reassuring to stand by those values no matter how much technology becomes a part of our life. It’s really all just about priorities and Shabbat and Chag really drive home the concept of working as a means to live instead of living to work.

3)   As an observant Jew u sure must've had some experiences that somehow it clashed with Ur profession as a geek. Can u share with us any interesting or anecdotal thing that happened to you?

a.   It’s kind of funny that you ask. I am impressed how respectful people have been no matter my situation. On the other hand I cannot count how many conferences I have been to where there is lavish food and all I have to eat for days is junk food and possibly a frozen kosher airplane meal if available. The previous BlackBerry conference was exactly such a struggle since Yom Kippur was in the middle of the event. I could not make the conference obviously but I had to consult with a rabbit on if one of my writers could go for BerryReview even if there was no money involved. This sort of stuff comes up regularly but the best solution I have found is to be consistent no matter what the challenge is.

Questions asked by Vichi:

4)   As a busy and heavy BB user I would wish to hear that the new BB processer is way better than what we have now. For example, currently as you know for sure; the BB is not so happy if a user is part in a lot of groups and the BB is going to give u this slow respond when adding someone or even when viewing a picture from a group. In BB10 is this going to be fixed? Can the BB10 take the challenge of 10 groups on one phone and still run smooth? And by rebooting how long would it take for the phone to get it up and running

a.   Yes the processor is a dual core 1.5Ghz processor and I have yet to see it slow down. BBM Groups are very fast and you really will not see any lag. Rebooting takes a little over a minute but there really is no need to reboot anymore since application installs do not need to reboot. Even wireless OS upgrades let you choose when you want to reboot after they are downloaded.

5)   BB10 full keyboard (Q10) when will it be available for sprint (would it??)

a.   It is scheduled for April or early May but it’s up to Sprint

6)   Can the new camera compete with galaxy or iPhone?

a.   The camera itself actually has better hardware than the iPhone camera and takes great pictures. It also has a great built in photo editor. On the other hand BlackBerry needs to do some work with the software processing. They actually just released an update to improve the camera and more are coming.

7)   Last but not least. Can I have a free phone? Lol.

a.   Sure… just send me a thousand dollars 

Thanks again for your time

Questions asked by Verbinich:

Until 1 and a half years ago I was an avid BlackBerry fan which stayed on top of all RIM and BlackBerry news, I switched to and HTC EVO 3D and then to my beloved Samsung Galaxy SIII on the Android platform and I am extremely happy using it.

8)   What features can I expect to find on the BlackBerry Z10 that I don't have on my Galaxy SIII and what features that my GSIII has won't I find on the Z10?

a.   I actually carry a Samsung Galaxy s3 so I can get a feel for the competition. The one thing you will see the BlackBerry Z10 blow away Android is in communications. I am shocked that Android has not figured out how to integrate all of your email, notifications, and communication into one place like the BlackBerry Hub. Every email is in a different place or fires up a different app. The keyboard also takes the best of SwiftKey on Android and makes it much better and the gestures really make the phone easy to use. In terms of what you will miss from Android is being able to hack the phone. You will not be able to do things like change the ROM, buy a different keyboard, or root your phone.

9)   The keyboard of the Q10 will be the same great and solid keyboard as my old Curve used to have?

a.   I used to be a die-hard QWERTY keyboard lover on the Bold 9900 but BlackBerry really has made the best possible keyboard I have seen when typing on glass. It’s not quite a physical keyboard but its impressive. You just type and it corrects you automatically so you don’t even need to look.

10)   How's the sharing system (e.g. sharing web links or sharing pictures AND documents) on the Z10?

a.   It’s very easy to do and super-fast. I use it all the time to share screenshots or share images I get as an email attachment

11)   Did Google release apps for all their popular services, like Gmail, Drive, Voice, etc.?

a.   Sadly Google has not released their apps but you do get Gmail email, contacts, and calendar on BlackBerry 10. I have also side-loaded Google Maps & Navigation and it works nicely! You can also side-load Google Voice to get your text messages but to make phone calls you need to currently use the web app.

This is all I have for now.

Thank you!

Questions asked by Lekatchilu Ariber:

1st I want to thank u from the depth of my heart for agreeing to answer our questions.

12)   I have a simple question. As known BB was always the business type phone and it always applied to business type of people or orgs. Now that BB took a step away of this direction and my question is, is this the path they plan to go with and just be another smart phone in the SF market. Or they still plan to keep their business image?

a.   They definitely plan on keeping their business image. They have just tried to make users face fewer compromises for maintaining that business image. In other words having a BlackBerry no longer means you do not get the latest games.

13)   If the answer is yes than I would like to know how they plan in doing that.

a.   See above

Questions asked by Mimcha Utzim:

14)   How is the new blackberry better suited for enterprises and individuals at the same time, and how does it outperform Android and Windows phone (forget about iPhone) in this aspect. Also, which new security features does the blackberry 10 have, that other mobile operating systems lack

a.   The main feature for enterprises is BlackBerry Balance but that is only if you have BES 10. Its hard to go into the specifics in a short space but it does offer similar security features to the original BlackBerry devices. Instead of iOS and Android trying to bolt on security on an insecure product with BlackBerry 10 it was designed to be secure.

15)   Is there a guest user feature so that if I borrow my phone to a friend It can be activated

a.   Sadly not at this time but the capability for multiple users is there

16)   How do app permissions work, and are they better in BB10 than other mobile operating systems

a.   Permissions are actually similar to legacy java BlackBerry devices but BlackBerry has changed the naming to be more understandable to end users. It’s hard to say how they are better or worse since they function differently.

Questions asked by Vodka:

I’ve been reading some bad comments on blogs about the BB10 new feature called the HUB basically he claims that if you are in an active app and a message pop in u have to do several swipes to get to the message app and there is no pop up notification about the new message. Is this true? Isn’t this what the “gesture” is for?

Here is the quote of the blog. See at the end his comments about folder management: http://blogs.reuters.com/mediafile/2013/02/08/blackberry-z10-the-empire-strikes-back/

BlackBerry’s conceit is to rely on a “Hub” where all messages reside — phone calls, Twitter interactions, email, texts, Facebook messages, etc. On paper this isn’t a bad idea. It can be argued that a message is a message whether it arrives via a data network, a social network or in a person-to-person phone call. It’s how the iPhone and Android handles it, each its own way.

The problem is that the Hub is hidden. It can be as many as four swipes away. When you are in app you must close that app to access the Hub. If you are deep inside “Settings” you have to back out screen by screen before you can even close that app out. If you (for example) left a draft reply to some message in the Hub and went away, you even have to clear that before reaching the Hub again. On competing platforms the notification screen is always available, one swipe away.

It gets worse. Unlike the iPhone and Android devices there is no passive indicator to preview the content or source of a message. On the iPhone, for instance, a banner pops up showing you it’s an email, or a CNN alert or a Tweet. The Z10 it makes a noise and flashes a light telling you that you have a message — but it doesn’t give you a clue what it might be. Sounds are somewhat configurable, so you can know when you get an email, but without a hint about what the emails about you still have to drop everything and check the Hub. This only creates the worst-case scenario. Most of us get a steady stream of messages. It’s no service to be alerted when you get a message, unless you also have enough information to decide to ignore it or drill down. I found myself navigating to the Hub like Pavlov’s Dog and finding, as is the case with most messages that the latest was of a very low priority. It quickly became useless.

The miscalculation on workflow extends even to the basic arrangement of apps. There is no “tray” to deposit those you use most, available on any of the expandable number of app screens. And the main screen is completely wasted as an archive to the last eight apps you’ve opened. In other words, this prime real estate is used neither for dynamic communications updates nor the apps to which you want easiest access. It’s reserved for where you’ve been, not where you’re going, and that is hard to overlook”

17)   So my question is Very simple, is it really like that blogger is saying that the hub is hidden under all application layer’s or is it always just a gesture away

a.   The gesture to get to the hub is always just a gesture away. What he is talking about is a scenario where you have a draft of an email open in the hub you have to close it to make the full hub visible again. The gesture to get to the hub is actually a dual gesture. You first swipe up and it will show you a listing of your notifications. For example, 10 emails, 3 BBMs, 10 text messages, etc. If you continue the swipe gesture to the right it will take you to preview the hub. If you let go you will remain in the hub but if you swipe back it will take you back to your app. Its actually brilliant and really easy to use. If you are coming from another platform you just need to get used to how it works.

Questions asked by Vinkel:

18)   Does the new BB support Yiddish (right to left language)?

a.   It supports Hebrew but I am not sure about Yiddish

19)   How does it work with web filters that are required for the orthodox Jewry?

a.   Right now it can be configured to work with a proxy on the work portion if you have a BES but I do not think it can lock down the personal portion until April or May. There is also the option for the Exchange administrator to push out a VPN connection requirement. I am not sure how this will play out yet.

Question asked by Gelager:

20)   From a user experience how well have u adjusted leaving behind the keyboard. Is it so good as they say that within a few days u won’t even feel that you’re missing the keyboard?

a.   You really have to try it to understand. I would say I barely miss it. It’s not 100% but more like 90% satisfied compared to the subpar experience on Android and iOS. Mainly this is because the keyboard understands the context of what you are typing.

21)   Battery life. This is a subject that wasn’t mentioned at the conference and it matters a lot. From your experience, how long does the camera last?

a.   The batter life is comparable to the 9900 especially after the latest OS update

22)   Say the truth only the truth but the truth. Has your phone frozen yet?

a.   Nope the phone does not freeze anymore and it does not have an hourglass!  I have had Android apps crash on the phone before though but those are ones I side-loaded and were not optimized.

23)   Reading some blogs I bumped into a complainer that claims that if u have open more than 10 apps at once it will automatic shut one down w/o notifying u which one or give u the option to choose. Is it true?

a.   You can have up to 8 apps running at the same time. If you open up a 9th app then the oldest used app will close. You rarely will find this happening to you. What really is missing on the other hand is the ability for apps to automatically run in the background all the time. That is coming but until then apps can fire up in the background when they get push requests.

24)   BB groups are all the same? No voice notes (I know if u attach it to a picture it’ll work) or videos?

a.   BBM groups are the same but nicer and much faster. I did not see an option for voice notes but I don’t really use it. They do have a very cool “Remember” application for tasks, notes, and more.

25)   Oh... What about G’talk is it working properly or same old headaches with signing out while chatting and logging u out for no good reason?

a.   G’talk is actually a totally new system. Even if you do not have reception it will still get the message to you. On the other hand it won’t bring parts of the conversation that you had on other devices like the Android client. It works nicely though they have plans for improvement. Right now my only gripe with it is that you cannot have it run automatically when the phone starts.

26)   While watching the release show someone mentioned about being able to log in to a friends device via BBM chat. Can u give more specifics? Can someone actual come up and view my pictures and vids, remove files and add stuff?

a.   Recently BBM added voice chat and BlackBerry 10 adds video chat. There is also the option for you to share your screen. This means that you can share what you are doing on your phone with a friend over BBM. During a video chat you just click the share screen option and then you can start showing them word documents, pictures, or anything else on your phone. It works beautifully but the remote viewer does not have any control over your phone.

I think I’m done for the moment.

It is Pleasure talking to u Ronen. And thanks for taking part in the QA session of iVelt.

Ps. Suggestion: put a link on your blog to the thread in iVelt so your Jewish readers will enjoy a Yiddish post

Thanks again

Questions asked by Shnaps:

27)   Is there an option of shutting off shutter sounds when snapping pix?

a.   Sadly no since it is required by law in some countries. On the other hand there are free apps that do this already.

Questions asked by Shvemel:

28)   The new bb is already in use for quite a few weeks in the UK and CANADA, but somehow we don't see the 'shake up' that was expected. is it the norm? And why are their stocks so unstable? Is this the usual?

a.   Right now the BlackBerry stock does not closely relate to the actual performance of the company. You will see things start to stabilize when BlackBerry announces their earnings later this month

29)   I want to thank you again for giving you time and making the interview everyone is really excited, have a great and happy Purim

a.   Happy belated Purim to you too!
הק' משה אהרן (וועבסייט - פראפייל)
לערנט אייך אויס צו שווימען אין די טיפע וואסערן פון קאמפיוטערס

די פאקט איז, אז מ'לערנט, קען מען, און אז נישט...
אוועטאר
thefact
שר האלפיים
תגובות: 2511
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: מיטוואך יאנואר 31, 2007 3:30 pm
לאקאציע: וויליאמסבורג, ברוקלין
פארבינד זיך:

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך thefact »

היינט געזען די נייע בב10 צום ערשטן מאל ביי איינעם פון די חברים וואס האבן צו געהאלפן צו די אינטערוויא. ס'זעהט אויס בעסער ווי אויפן פיקטשער!
הק' משה אהרן (וועבסייט - פראפייל)
לערנט אייך אויס צו שווימען אין די טיפע וואסערן פון קאמפיוטערס

די פאקט איז, אז מ'לערנט, קען מען, און אז נישט...
אוועטאר
משה יענקל
שר האלפיים
תגובות: 2452
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: מאנטאג דעצעמבער 24, 2012 11:47 am

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך משה יענקל »

thefact האט געשריבן:היינט געזען די נייע בב10 צום ערשטן מאל ביי איינעם פון די חברים וואס האבן צו געהאלפן צו די אינטערוויא. ס'זעהט אויס בעסער ווי אויפן פיקטשער!

נא מ ווארט שוין צו הערן גריסען פון באנצער.................
אוועטאר
לעכטל
שר שלשת אלפים
תגובות: 3982
זיך איינגעשריבן אום: דאנערשטאג יוני 27, 2019 6:03 pm
לאקאציע: ביד השי"ת

• ציטיר

תגובה דורך לעכטל »

באלט עא מען עס ליינען אי"ה, קודם ארויף ;l;p-
די בעסטע וועג אויסצורעכענען דיין צוקונפט, איז דורכ'ן עס מאכן... (פרעזידענט לינקאלן)
שרייב תגובה

צוריק צו “סעלפאונס און טעבלעטס”